Welcome Dunes West EOT members!
This is the first official test post and broadcast message to the core test team. The site is operational and ready for test, tweaks, adjustments, fixes, etc. We are proud to begin trials on the site and are confident that it will quickly become a powerful tool to assist the team and provide our community members with valuable and timely information related to the team’s mission. There is still plenty of work to be done. However, your input and suggestions are essential to the project’s success.
This is week one which will comprise the small group of team members already emailed for initial tests and certifications. Subsequent weeks will see the site rolled out to the rest of the team. You should begin receiving texts and emails wth direct links to the information for further details. Please report if you are not receiving or have any issues.
Here are some of the features we hope to roll out to the public and/or team members over the next few months:
- subscriber opt in for automated emails to subscribers, team members, block captains to include latest safety or non emergency related posts
- opt in for automated text messages to subscribers, team members, block captains to include latest safety or non emergency related posts
- opt out and subscriber profile edit options
- Emergency alerts or disaster related information and/or instruction
- Safety related documents, tips, videos, etc.
- incident reporting and status map of the Dunes West Footprint
- Instructions, procedures, and up to date information for team members and block captains
- Events announcements and invitations to EOT related meetings or events
- Storm/weather related alerts and RSS news feeds
- Audio announcements and integration into our two-way radio network
- Disaster and emergency modes designed to provide information when normal communication paths are compromised.
Please send an email to email@example.com for any suggestions and information related to the test campaign. If you would like to contribute to the site as a content editor, please email to the same address above. Once again, you assistance and input is essential to the system’s success.